It being the week of Thanksgiving I feel it fitting to blog about Thanksgiving and that great tradition of stating for what I am thankful. First I must admit that I didn't get to do this during my Thanksgiving dinner. During the dinner the host came in and said, "I don't know how else to say this but . . . Grandpa is dead." If you were ever wondering how to kill all conversation, wonder no more. It wasn't my grandfather who died so no need for condolences, not that anyone other than my sister ever comments on my blog anyway, and I'd feel pretty bad if she was finding out that our grandpa died by reading my blog. Anyway, to not dwell on death as I find my blog seemingly often doing, I will list some of the things I am so glad to have.
1. My Family-this includes my wife, my parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles and even in laws
2. My health and my family's health
3. The ability to read and write-sounds strange but think how different life would be if you were illiterate... kind of scary huh
4. My religion and the hope and security it brings
5. A warm house
6. Being an American living in America-if you don't get this go live in another country for a couple years and then you will really know what screwed up means
7. Clean clothes
8. A warm shower on occasion
9. The right to bear arms
10. The internet and telecommunications with which my generation is so blessed
I could go on and on, but I feel ten will suffice for Sunday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment